inevitability n : the quality of being unavoidable [syn: inevitableness]
- The condition of being inevitable
- An inevitable condition or outcome
the condition of being inevitable
- Finnish: väistämättömyys
an inevitable condition or outcome
- Finnish: väistämättömyys
Inevitable derives from the Latin word vitare (to avoid) and the prefix in (meaning not or without). It refers to something that cannot be avoided.
- The Inevitable released "Squirrel Nut Zippers" in 1995.
- Da Inevitable was released by Koopsta Knicca.
- Inevitable is a song written by Shakira.
- Inevitable Alien Nation is the second album by Keoki.
- The Inevitable is an album by Cormega.
- The Inevitability of a Strange World was released in 2006 by Halifax.
- Mushroomhead released "Inevitable" in the album M3 in 1999.
- Anberlin released the song "Inevitable" in the album Cities in 2007
- xxxholic, Yuuko Ichihara : - "In This world there no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."
- The Matrix, Agent Smith (hearing the coming subway): - "Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability."
- The Matrix Revolutions, Neo: - "You were right Smith. You're always right. It was inevitable."
- John F Kennedy: - "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
- Isaac Asimov: - "It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the dominant."
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines T-500 : - "Judgement day is inevitable."
Friday, Friday the thirteenth, absolute certainty, absoluteness, act of God, appointed lot, assurance, assuredness, astral influences, astrology, book of fate, certain knowledge, certainness, certainty, certitude, coaction, compulsion, compulsiveness, constellation, constraint, cup, dead certainty, definiteness, destination, destiny, determinacy, determinateness, dies funestis, doom, end, enforcement, fatality, fate, fatefulness, force majeure, forcing, foredoom, fortune, future, ides of March, indefeasibility, ineluctability, inerrability, inerrancy, inescapableness, inevasibleness, inevitable accident, inevitableness, inexorability, infallibilism, infallibility, inflexibility, irresistibility, irrevocability, kismet, lot, moira, necessity, nonambiguity, noncontingency, obligation, obligement, planets, portion, positiveness, predestination, predetermination, probatum, proved fact, relentlessness, restraint, stars, sureness, surety, truth, unambiguity, unavoidable casualty, unavoidableness, uncontrollability, undeflectability, unequivocalness, univocity, unlucky day, unmistakableness, unpreventability, unyieldingness, vis major, weird, wheel of fortune, will of Heaven